Monday, June 22, 2009

She may not be THE Miss Utah, but she's definately OURS

Angela and I went up to support our Erika at Miss Utah this past weekend. Its so frustrating when unless you get in the top 10 or win, you really don't know how well you did. EVERYONE noticed her, everyone had her in the top 10...what they don't know is Erika got the flu on the way up and didn't eat or keep anything down till 3 days in. She didn't complain or make excuses, she just continued. Erika made us proud, but its like I told her...I was far more proud before we stepped foot in that theatre than I would have been whether or not she won. Our goal wasn't to win Miss Utah, it was to make a difference and she has. This woman has been an INCREDIBLE representative and has become my friend. The lives she has touched are countless and the job Erika has done and continues to do is phenomenal. She truly is an exception to the rule and I hope she knows how proud we are of her. Probably 75% of those girls wanted the crown for the fame, glory, to feel like they were beautiful and to be praised. Erika wanted it to better the lives of others and would have rather not be in the spotlight, thats what makes her beautiful. "Light houses don't fire cannons to call attention to theirs shining, they just shine." Thank you for shining Erika.

Ya...I'll probably get into trouble for this one, we're all looking pretty stupid, but my camera was dying so I didn't have a chance to take another. It was late and we were all really tired so everything was funny at that point.

Angela was a bit obsessed with the cute little itsy bitsy bobbi pins...she's entertained pretty easily

I made her this box to haul all her makeup, hair, and jewelery crap to and from the theatre...or should I say I bought the tackle box at Wal Mart and got those sticky letters to spell her name and title. The 'I' rubbed off so she was just Miss Ron County...love it






0 comments:

Post a Comment